Posted to rec.woodworking
Lenny

Default Williams & Hussey

I saw the elliptical jig on ebay recently for around $290.
Have used it at work and it's great.
Lenny

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 20:02:21 +0000, shakintom
wrote:

I'm also interested on the variable speed control and eliptical jig.
where did you purchace these items and a ball park figure.
would be appreciated.

Thanks Shakintom

Wrote:
I've got a W&H molder that I bought about a year ago. I've run probably
2
0r 3 thousand feet of material through it so far. It's really great
for
doing restoration work or additions where you are trying to match an
existing profile. Just take a small piece of the old molding down, cut
it
off square and trace around it and send it off to have the cutter
ground.

I bought mine to make new trim for the interior of my home. So far
I've
made some 8" baseboard, 4" casing, 3-1/2" chair rail and 5" backer, and
a 3
piece built up crown mold. All this was run out of 3/4" MDF. It
looks
great after painting.

I recently purchased and installed an aftermarket variable speed drive
and
elipticial jig. The variable speed drive makes a huge inprovement in
the
versitility of the machine, and does away the the stupid leaking oil
cup on
the standard feed roller drive. The aftermarket elepticial jig is
much
nicer (but also more expensive, but worth it) than the W&H jig.

Shop Fox recently came out with a clone of the W&H for about half the
price.
I have seen the sitting side by side and they are VERY similar. I
don't
know if the aftermarket equipment would fit or not, I didn't look that
closely.

Rick