Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mj

Default $200 Harbor Freight Bandsaw Review

My motor swap took four hours (or it seemed like that). First I bought
a 1/3 HP replacement motor. I got home and found that the pulley wasn't
going to work. Went back to the hardware store, and was looking at the
pulleys when I saw the 1/2 HP motor for $20 more. I picked it up and
forgot the pulley. Got home and found that I could not get the wiring
figured out, so I went back to the store and got to talking with the
sales guy (a friend of mine). We figured out the wiring. I left. Forgot
the pulley again. I got home, got it wired up and bolted back together
when I remembered the pulley that I forgot to purchase twice. By then
the store was closed. The next morning, I go back to the store knowing
that I only needed the pulley. I got it and had the saw running about 5
minutes after I got home.

It was one of those days. It "should" have taken 20 minutes, but thank
God I didn't have to mess with anything else on it. I might have been
days or weeks the way things went. The blade tracks good and everything
seems to work.
Mike