Posted to alt.home.repair
Nick Hull

Default What to cover windows with to help stop heat getting out?

In article .com,
"dean" wrote:

I've got 6 large windows in a hallway that I'm sure aren't so modern
(some of them have leaked). Was considering a few layers of clear
plastic, spaced evenly (1/4" apart) and stretched over a wooden frame,
which I will screw onto the existing frame in winters.

I know first hand that plastering newspaper over old windows helped
magnificently when I was painting once in my old house, but I don't
want to do that this time for the whole winter.

Seeing clearly through them is not important.

Thanks for any ideas,

What I do is put up internal shutters, 1" styrofoam, at night. The
house feels instantly warmer.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/