Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

Default Dexter doorknob removal

GCat002 wrote:

I have a Dexter keyed doorknob set on my backdoor that I'm trying to
replace. The doorknob had one screw in the top of the inside knob neck.
I've removed this, and can loosen the face plates, but I can't get the
knobs off. The only threads I've found for removing the Dexter says
there is a small opening for sticking in a screwdriver that loosens
some knob mechanism, but mine doesn't seem to have that.

It's not easy to see, if it's the one I'm thinking of. It's a
long, straight, slender slot just big enough to for a regular
screwdriver, probably opposite the screw you removed. It'll have
the piece from inside engaged, so will appear flush +/- with the knob
surface.