Posted to alt.home.repair
~^Johnny^~

Default HELP - EMERGENCY Chemical spill

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 15:10:11 -0600, wrote:

My husband is not home and I just had a bottle of laundry detergent
fall off a shelf onto the floor. The bottle broke and there is about
a half gallon of detergent on the floor. What should I do? Should I
call the fire department or something? I threw some dirty towels in
it to sort of absorb it. I can just throw them away. This is really
slippery and the cat ran thru it too, so now I am worried the cat will
get sick and die. Please reply ASAP. I guess I need to wash the cat
first.

You're lucky - it could have spilled into your washing machine and
contaminated all your filthy rags!

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info