Posted to alt.home.repair
Norm & Debbie

Default Removing Parquet Wood Floor

Thanks everybody. We are going to put the Pergo Laminate Flooring over the
parquet wood floor, The thresholds to the carpeted rooms concern me.

Norm

"Walter R." wrote in message
Seems like a shame to replace a genuine wood product with cheap plastic.
Can't you repair or refinish the parquet? Unless it is structurally damaged,
you can make it look like new.

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"Norm & Debbie" wrote in message
Hi Group. We need to remove an old wood parquet floor that has been glued
down. What is the best way to remove it? I have a broad chisel and can
get
the chisel under the wood tiles to pry them up, but I don't want to hurt
the
sub-floor. We will be installing Pergo quick-lock flooring when the
parquet
floor is removed. Help!

Norm