Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon

Default UK question: ES light bulb better than bayonet?

drugs began to take hold. I remember asalcedo
saying something like:

There is one situation where an ES fitting is clearly superior: Bulbs
subject to shocks and vibrations, like in a handheld inspection lamp.

The wobble of the BC fitting added to the shocks and vibrations will
reduce the life of the bulb to only a few days, if at all. With ES
fitting the bulb is more securely fastened to the lamp and will last
much longer.

The simple solution to that is to use 'rough service' bulbs. I find they
last for months under general conditions of normal useage.
--

Dave