Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default Recessed Lighting Problems?

The ICAT housing is designed to have insulation up to it. Temperature
cutouts go bad on occasion in any recessed fixture. If it happens, you'll
need to get to it.

"Jimboat" wrote in message

I have a new home construction with an insulated cathedral ceiling.
Should I be hesitant to use the ICAT recessed lighting housings? I
know the literature says they are ok for insulated ceilings, but I've
also heard that teh heat-overload sensors can repeatedly kick-out if
the housings build up too much heat? Since i can't easily get to the
ceiling after installation, it has me worried. Is this really a
problem?

--
Jimboat