Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob G.

Default Ryobi Table Saw?

On 25 Nov 2005 06:56:29 -0800, wrote:

OK good, now we're getting some details.

I take it you have some hands on experience of this saw?

....or is it just some more generalised and opinionated crap trashing
some product you have probably walked passed in the aisle not giving it
a second glance, never mind actually using one!

My point is that the OP asked for opinion from people with experience.
Not one of you are familiar with the saw but are more than willing to
trash it.

To the OP, there are a couple of Ryobi forums where you will likely get
a more informed opinion:

http://www.bt3central.com/
http://www.ryobitools.com/dc/dcboard.php

I did not see the original posters post...

BUT

I have used the BT3100 (or whatever the correct number is) and I
actually recomended one for my son to buy....

His use is EXTREMELY light... just normal around the house stuff
shelving in the garage, etc...

Now I own an older Reckwell/Delta contractors saw . have for years!
and I also own a Jet Cabinet saw...which is my primary Table Saw.

NO way would I own that Roybi saw FOR MY WORK....It would give out
within a few days or a month at best...IN MY SHOP...

It is for lack of a better discription "very delicate"... not built to
take punishment... BUT the sliding table worked just fine...(see
above because I have the feeling it would be knocked out of adjustment
real quick).. treated with kid gloves it should be ok...

So IF the original poster wanted a saw for small jobs, infrequent use,
and Light work... he, like my son, may be able to get by with the saw
just fine... IF the original posted wanted to do some semi serious
woodworking...then In my opinion he should look for regular
contractors saw. at least....

Bob G.