Posted to rec.woodworking
George

Default jointing problem - rocker on long edges

"Steve" wrote in message
ups.com...
I figure I am making a classic mistake of some sort or have something
set up wrong that I am not thinking about. I'd sure appreciate some
tips or help.

Yes, it is a classic mistake, so you have _lots_ of company. As Swingman
says , the answer is to joint the high spots first.

You should always sight your board prior to jointing and attack the high
spots. Normally I take the hollow side first, because it's where the
sapwood is, and I don't care if I have a lot to remove. Then, as Mike says,
the procedure is to run the ends before the entire.

It helps to make a couple of physical X's opposite the high corners of a
twisted board when surfacing. Remind you that it's the left or right rear
corner you're removing. My mental X's sometimes move to the other side when
I reverse the board to take off the high corner.