Posted to rec.woodworking
W Canaday

Default 2 1/2" to 2" adapter for DC

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 02:10:35 +0000, BillyBob wrote:

"no(SPAM)vasys" wrote in message

Grizzly Tools sells a 2.5" to 2.25" adapter (G7938) for $5.50.

http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2005/Main/134

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)

BINGO! Jack, you da man!!!! That's exactly what the OP was seeking and
its the first such adaptor I've seen anywhere like it. Maybe I'm just not
well traveled, but I figure if Woodcraft, Penn state, Rockler, Amazon,
Peachtree, Hartville, Coastal tool, Lee Valley, etc. do not have one, its
pretty rare.

Bob

Well ALL RIGHTY!

Only one small snag ... the shipping charge is more than the part -- $7.25
before taxes for a $5.50 part.

Hmmmm ... maybe I could spray the duct tape a matte black...

Arrrgh. Ah well ...

No real problem ... it looks like they have some other items I am missing,
too. I'll just browse around until I have enough of an order that that
slap-in-the-face shipping charge loses some of its sting.

Good link, guys and excellent detective work. Thanks a metric tonne.

Bill