Posted to rec.woodworking
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net

Default T5 vs. T8 fluorescent lights

The discussion of the use of T5/T8 5000 lights sparked my interest - as
I had no idea what it was - and I've found tons of information on the
internet about it. But as usual, weeding through the contradictions is
always difficult.

Some people seem to view the T5 as superior to the T8, both in energy
usage and in output. Then I've also found pages saying it isn't true.

A T5 seems very small to be that good at producing enough light ... but
some people say they do in fact produce the same amount of ligth.

Who out there is using these and can you give me your opinion on which
to go for? I have outlets in the ceiling out the gazoo ... so I can
install as many of these as I need. My concern is that I get enough
natural looking light, but without an UV since I burn easy.

Jack