Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.homepower
George E. Cawthon

Default window getting wet from inside

Pete C wrote:
On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 20:11:06 -0500,
wrote:

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 18:28:28 GMT,
(Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , "glukane" wrote:

Hi, my house's windows gets wet in the inside all the time and sometime, it
forms ice. what can i do to get rid of it?

Storm windows.

Or reduce your humidity. Should have 40% or less.

40% or less? Is that guaranteed to prevent condensation?

What's the ideal humidity between 16-21C for comfortable living?

cheers,
Pete.

Look on a humidity meter. Ours says indicates
normal from 50 to 75 percent. Humidity in our
house usually runs between 50 and 65 percent. My
wife complains anytime the humidity drops below 50
percent. And no, our windows don't get wet.

Condensation on the glass means that the glass is
cold. To stop condensation increase the
insulation (add more layers of glass) or increase
air circulation.