Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

Default propane heat safety and price

"boubou" wrote in message
We are moving to the country, no NG, so we have to go with propane. I
probably would have choosen oil if I could have but the house we got is
propane.
I wondered about the safety of LP.
The BTU for LP being lower than NG, with NG going up all the time, would

you
say LP prices are similar?
considering all the extra charges of NG like : delivery to you, storage,
monthly fee etc....these prices are probably not reflected with LP so we'd
think the price would be cheaper.

You will find that LP flucuates just like every other petrolum product.
There are regs in my state about hauling tanks 100 pounds and above. Less
and they do not get in your way.
Delivery charges can be substantial. I grew up in Iowa and folks always
filled their 300-1000 gallon tanks just before fall hit. Then another fill
to get into summer. Depends a lot on the house and your life style how much
you will use.

Some tanks are owner tanks, some are leased. There are advantages to both.