Posted to alt.home.repair
Bernie Hunt

Default Cutting Wood Floor

Duane,

I need to cut the floor into two section at a doorway to seperate the room's
floor from the hall floor. It will be a cross cut at an angle, due to the
positioning of the door. Unfortunately the trim that I would have to remove
is the actually door jamb, so that not real practical.

Basically I need to cute across the saddle of the doorway seperating the
floor into two pieces, that inside the room and that outside the room.

Bernie

Pop brings up an interesting idea. Maybe a good crosscut saw and some hand
alignment will finish it off. The
"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
Pop wrote:

"Bernie Hunt" wrote in message
:I need to cut a wood floor between two rooms so I can replace
the floor in
: one room. Normally I would use a circular saw and stright edge,
but what do
: I do near the wall where the shoe of the circular saw will get
in the way? I
: need a nice straight cut because this will be in a very
noticeable location.
:
: Is there a special saw for this or any suggestions?
:
: Bernie
:
:
:
Lots of flush-cut hand saws around, similar to the back-saws for
a miter box. Never used one but I've seen flush-cut jigsaws,
too. They also make an offset blade for jigsaws that'll flush
cut - if they fit your saw.
Time to surf the local suppliers.

Didn't say which way the cut is in relation to orientation of flooring
nor what is the end objective/need for cut so can't comment much on
exact solution.

However, removing baseboard should allow to get close enough to wall w/
above suggestions to hide the joint under the baseboard when replaced.
Adding a shoe mould when done is another trick.