Posted to alt.home.repair
Joey

Default Cutting Wood Floor

Bernie,

I good recipicating saw with a good blade will cut right up to the edge
but I would still use the circular saw to get the rest. They make a
thin pry bar that is flat and about two inches wide which will save you
a lot of time getting those boards up. Also consider getting a good
nail puller that sorta looks like a pair of pliers. You'll be glad you
have that when pulling nails in hard to get to places.

Joey

Bernie Hunt wrote:

I need to cut a wood floor between two rooms so I can replace the floor in
one room. Normally I would use a circular saw and stright edge, but what do
I do near the wall where the shoe of the circular saw will get in the way? I
need a nice straight cut because this will be in a very noticeable location.

Is there a special saw for this or any suggestions?

Bernie