Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

Default jointing problem - rocker on long edges

"Steve" wrote in message

I am starting with the bow side down, take a few 1/64-1/32" or so
passes, the bow slowly goes away but by the time I get down to wood in
the high zone, I seem to joint in some rocker -

What I do in that situation, and I don't know if it is standard procedure
but it works for me, is to joint (with almost no downward pressure) to the
middle where the bow is most prominent, then lift the board off the jointer
and flip it end to end and do the same until I finally get a pass over the
blades that takes a full cut.

Worth a try in any event ... good luck.

--
www.e-woodshop.net