Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Wixon

Default What is it? XC

dang, i wish i had participated!

i was gonna guess...

515. easy, obvious, map thingy
516. HA! dang! i was lookin' at 'em and the thought passed my mind that
they were traffic signals (because one of 'em was photographed out of doors)
but because they were A. they were not green colored (paint) and B.
because of the two shown one wasn't a "end" module, both were "mid-section"
modules i thought they must be something other than a traffic light.
(usually there are three lights and if two are shown one has to be one of
the ends) didn't consider a signal with more than 3 lights.
517. looked to me to be something that goes on a key chain with your other
keys that does stuff, screwdriver, knife, scissors etc. kind of thing.
518. at first i thought it was an ice chipper but with a 48" long handle
seemed way too short.
519. i laughed when i saw that one. i had heard of guys who have rings that
can open bottle caps but i never saw one. i thought "wow, there's a guy
ready for anything!" (but it seemed to me being always at the ready for a
beer might not necessarily be a overly admirable attribute)
520. had no idea about the lobster gauge, but the poster who said that's
what it was seemed like he knew what of he spoke, i was impressed and
assumed he was right.

They have all been answered correctly this week, though I'm not sure about
#518:

515. Map odometer

516. Back view of a traffic light

517. Utili-key multi-tool

518. This implement was marked "Reaming Iron", which are usually shaped
more
like a blunt chisel and are used to open the seams between two planks of a
ship when applying caulking material. Maybe this one was used to tamp the
caulking.

519. Bottle opener ring

520. Lobster gauge

A couple new photos and links have been posted on the answer page:

http://pzphotosan92k.blogspot.com/

Rob