Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee

Default shop made reamer described by Gingery

Do it the easy way.

Assuming you don't have a sunnen hone, see if your brake cylinder
hone will go small enough. If not cut a slot in a steel rod that
will go in the bore and but a strip of emory paper in the slot.
Hold the rod in the drill press and work the gear up and down.
Easy to take out a few thousandths and/or slick up/debur the bore
by using correct grit paper.

Uncle George

On 25 Nov 2005 06:37:37 -0800, wrote:

I found some NOS idler gears for my Rockwell 11's quick change on ebay.
One fits pretty sweet, the bore on the other's a little small. Dave
Gingery describes a way of making reamers that sounds doable - make an
acute bevel cut across a piece of drill rod or crs.

I only need it for one bronze bushing - think it'll work? Anybody
made/used such a tool?