Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Miller

Default Electrical question

wrote:
Check out the ready made motion detector/photocell units available at
places like HD. They have ones that are sold seperately from the
lights and include a photocell and motion detector all in one unit.
They can be set to give you 2/4/6 hours of illumination after sunset
and during that time you can have the lights on at 1/4 power if you
want. During the time they are at 1/4 power, or after they go out,
they will come on at full power if motion is detected. You can also
set how long you want them to stay on when motion is detected.

This sounds like it may do the trick. I knew they had separate motion
detectors but I didn't know they would give you 2/4/6 hours of illumination
after sunset and then switch to motion detecting. I'll go take a look.

Thanks,
Dave