Posted to alt.home.repair
Bernie Hunt

Default Cutting Wood Floor

Whopps! Yes it's a hardwood floor.

Bernie

"DanG" wrote in message
news:NhGhf.22874$sg5.17396@dukeread12...
You do not say what the old floor is. I assume it is hardwood based on
your reference to using a circular saw.

This is one of life's no-fun jobs. Cut as much as possible with the
circular saw. The remainder of the cut requires something different.
Choices:
Dremel type tool
Roto Zip type tool
Sawzall
Utility knife and sharp chisel.
Bosch makes a straight blade finish saw. See:
http://www.boschtools.com/tools/tools-subcategory.htm?H=175981&G=54928
Kett makes a great trim saw, though it won't go the whole way either:
http://www.kett-tool.com/webpages/tools/saws/saws.htm

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Bernie Hunt" wrote in message
I need to cut a wood floor between two rooms so I can replace the floor in
one room. Normally I would use a circular saw and stright edge, but what
do I do near the wall where the shoe of the circular saw will get in the
way? I need a nice straight cut because this will be in a very noticeable
location.

Is there a special saw for this or any suggestions?

Bernie