Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop

Default Coax cable carries electrical current? What is wrong?

Good catch, Mike; I'd forgotten about that one. I'll bet that's
the source.

Pop

"Michael Daly" wrote in message
:
: On 25-Nov-2005, "buffalobill" wrote:
:
: to eliminate worry try plugging your appliance into a
portable GFI and
: then connect the cable. if the appliance continues to operate
without
: tripping the GFI, half your worries are over.
:
: If you have a non-polarized two-prong plug on the power cable,
first
: try reversing it. That may provide proper grounding. I've
seen this
: kind of grounding problem with older audio equipment. I've
never
: found out why, but know that unless all the related audio gear
is
: plugged in with the same plug orientation, you get current
leakage.
:
: Mike