Posted to aus.tv,sci.electronics.repair
Reginald P

Default How to sabotage commercial television transmitter?

~Intruder~ wrote:
Wolfgang Wildeblood wrote:

Broadcasters have their transmitters at unmanned locations miles remote
from where they are controlled. How does the signal get from the studio
to the transmitter? How can I hack into this signal en route and
replace it with an alternative signal of my choosing?

... *hypothetically*.

*hypothetically*

I dont think you need to tap into their signal en route. You just need
a transmitter of your own, (say on the back of a truck), and you
transmit your programme at the same frequencies (channels) the
commercial stations transmit at.

Where ever your signal is stronger than theirs, your programme will
override theirs.

wrong .