Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,uk.d-i-y,sci.engr.lighting
Dave Plowman (News)

Default UK question: ES light bulb better than bayonet?

In article ,
Pop wrote:
Something's pretty fishy about this post. I spent a lot of time
in Wales and London both, and never came across a bayonet bulb on
anything run from the Mains.

You can't have looked very hard. Bayonet is still more common for things
like pendant lamps. Of course if your hosts only had IKEA products they'll
be ES. ;-)

I did see bayonets on some lab equipment in Wales, but those
weren't run from the mains. I think we're being led down the
proverbial path here, or:

Many desk lamps these days are low voltage, and these don't use ES
fittings either.;-)

Dunno what you mean by lab equipment? Bayonets are only used for lighting.

--
*Be nice to your kids. They'll choose your nursing home.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.