Posted to uk.d-i-y
galaxi

Default Radiator thermostat query

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 19:02:16 GMT, "Harry Bloomfield"
wrote:

The one which shuts the flow off when the room achieves the set
temperature is working exactly the way it is designed to work. If the
room is still cold, the head might be faulty.

The room isn't cold, but it's certainly not as warm as we'd like it to
be.

If the head is removable, then it should be possible to remove it
leaving the radiator with full permanent flow, as you say you would
like it to be.

I see, thanks. I'm not sure how to remove it though. Any ideas please?

I notice that at the rear of the sensor there is a small (about 3mm)
allan key head and near that a number moulded into the black metal
that says: 88P (the one in the hall has 82P on it). Obviously not
the price ( ;-)) but a model number perhaps?

I've looked and looked but can't yet see any instructions for this on
the 'net.