Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,uk.d-i-y,sci.engr.lighting
David Lee

Default UK question: ES light bulb better than bayonet?

Pop wrote...
Something's pretty fishy about this post. I spent a lot of time
in Wales and London both, and never came across a bayonet bulb on
anything run from the Mains.

Obviously not long enough or else you spent most of your time with your eyes
closed!

BC fittings are standard in the UK. ES fittings are increasingly common but
they are still very much in the minority. The lamp over my desk at the
moment just happens to be ES purely because it's a floor mounted unit that
was going absolutely dirt cheap. However (with the exception of a posey
Japanese paper lamp) every other fixture in the house takes a BC bulb.

David