Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Fridge has ice up the back, but doesn't seem to be cold !

wrote in message

Strangly, if I really turn the unit to max cold (only one control which
sets both freezer and fridge), ice seems to build up at the back of the
fridge, but the whole fridge doesn't seem to get very cold.

This seems really odd to me, how can the back freeze but stuff in the
door stay luke warm.

Not strange once you find the culprit. Good chance the evaporator fan motor
is shot. It is behind a panel somplace. Find it, check it out and replace
if needed.

www.repairclinic.com will have some info.

Could be a couple of other things also. It will have to be defrosted to get
rid of any buildup.