Posted to rec.woodworking
BillyBob

Default 2 1/2" to 2" adapter for DC

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message
news:STzhf.7662$id.5034@trnddc04...
W Canaday wrote:

Does anyone know where I can obtain such a critter? The nearest Rockler
and Woodcraft store deny that it exists.

My bandsaw came with a dust port meant for use with a shop vac and

having
a 2" OD. I need to get from that to a 2 1/2" DC hose.

TIA, Bill

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10472

or look for "universal dust adapter". I bought one from Woodcraft many
moons ago. You can cut off the necessary chunk to fit your requirements.

Penn State also has them:

http://www.pennstateind.com/store/dhmulti.html

Neither of those will work. The confusion comes from which perspective
specifications interpret outside and inside diameter measurements. The OP
is looking for a 2" O.D. The adapter to fit this would have a 2 1/4" O.D.
None of the universal adaptors support a 2 1/4" O.D. They have 2" and 2
1/2" O.D.

Bob