Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB

Default computer question

"Don Stauffer" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:
Well, I can't figure it out, so I will ask youse guys .........

When I bring up my home page, or ebay, or lots of sites, the pictures
look
like mosaics. They are recognizable, but appear as small chunks, like a
mosaic.

I went to control panel - display - and went through the stuff there
about
the drivers and updating. It said it had the latest driver, and that it
was
functioning properly.

Well, it isn't.

Am I missing something simple, or is my video card shot?

Steve

One possibility is that you are not waiting long enough for a slow
connection or slow server.

There is an option these days when displaying a JPEG picture in html, and
the picture builds up in very coarse pseudo-pixels first, then continually
refines the image to smaller and smaller pixels.

Wait a long time and see if this happens. If it never gets better, then
something is wrong.

It never gets better. I have rightclicked my desktop and tweaked those
properties. Gone to control panel and hardware controller. Called Cox
Communications. I think I am just going to drop a video card in there and
see what happens. Probably just switch one from another computer.

STeve