Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,uk.d-i-y,sci.engr.lighting
David Lee

Default UK question: ES light bulb better than bayonet?

Palindr?me wrote...
...And I am yet to find a man who reads the instructions when installing
anything - until afterwards when it doesn't work, catches fire or he has
bits left over.

So I must be unusual - every time I have had to do anything new on electrics
I have always got hold of the latest edition of the IEE regs (or the
electricians commentary) before doing anything. Particularly important
where earthing is involved since there is a lot that isn't intuitive.

Of course it won't be an issue in future since all the jobs I still have to
do will have to have been completed by last Christmas! Seriously - in most
cases how can anyone prove otherwise? Although it was pointed out to me
that a really serious inspector could track the serial number of something
like a consumer unit if he really was out to get you!

David