Roy Hauer

Default plans for "Brush Hog" type mower for 4-wheeler

I have a friend that built a side mower, from an old cub cadet L & G
tractor. Made a deck about 60", and uses the motor from th original
cub cadet, (still mountyed in the tractor itself to set on top of the
deck he made. Tractor is complete wioth just the wheels removed.
Deck looks just like any L & G garden tractor deck would look like.
THis entire assembly is then mounted with sway braces, and pulled
alongside a larger tractor with a belly mower. Cuts approx 11 feet
wide at a clip. The original Cub Cadet can be readly removed and
converted back to its original configuration without spending a lot of
time doing it.

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:43:51 GMT, (Gary Coffman)
wrote:

x-On 15 Jul 2003 09:37:09 -0700,
(Craig Suslosky) wrote:
x-Does anybody have plans for a brush hog type mower to pull behind a
x-four wheeler? I wouldnt be cutting brush, just rough grass, not my
x-front lawn. I have seen a few in catalogs but not in person. I have a
x-16HP B&S motor to use, some wheels for the back. I would have to buy
x-or make blade spindle housings, and blades. I was looking at a Ferris
x-mower at work the other day. It looks pretty rugged, but I couldnt see
x-the spindle housings. Does anyone have any advice on this subject? Any
x-help would be great.
x-
x-If you want an eyeball look, wander over to your nearest Northern Hydraulics,
x-Northern Handyman, Northern Tool (whatever they're calling themselves this
x-week), and look at the *rough cut* mowers they have on display. Bring your
x-own tape measure, or buy one at the store.
x-
x-Gary

--
Visit my website: