Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 'Lead free' soldering kit ?

David Hazle wrote:
I had an electronics kit as a 12-13 year old (about 25 years ago!). It
consisted of a series of individual components wired up to what was
basically springs. You bent the spring, inserted a stripped end of a cable
and that was your connection - all of course comletely reusable. An
instruction manual gave the wiring required to create burglar alarm, crystal
radio, light sensitive switch etc etc. As your knowledge increased you
could modify/create your own circuits.

Brings back fond memories of the mid-70s and an "electronics kit" from
J Bull Electrical. Three strips of 12 way choc block on a paxolin board
in a white plastic case with a speaker in the lid. A bag of obviously
surplus components and a set of photocopied wiring diagrams.

Despite the heath robinson nature of it, I had endless hours of fun.

MBQ