Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.engr.lighting,alt.engineering.electrical
Bob Eager

Default UK question: ES light bulb better than bayonet?

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 12:16:50 UTC, "Set Square" wrote:

I actually find that they're *easier* to remove than bayonet bulbs. On
bayonet bulbs, the contact patches are quite soft and the pins from the
fitting tend to sink in - making it very difficult to rotate the bulb by the
amount needed to release it from the bayonet.

Choose a different fitting. I use BC fittings that have a springy metal
strip (the also disconnects itself when not 'sprung').