Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Timer delay for extractor fan

In article ,
Geoff Norfolk wrote:
I have a fairly powerful extractor fan fitted in my bathroom ceiling
however it has no overrun timer facility so that when I switch the light
off, the fan immediately goes off. Anyone any ideas/recommendations for
how I can add a suitable timer to it..... really need it to run for an
extra 20 minutes or so. Have looked on Google but no success yet.

It's one of those things that is easy to make if you have some electronics
experience. Maplin do a kit which could be adapted to this use. However,
at the end of the day it would probably be cheaper/easier to just replace
the fan with one which has the timer built in.

--
*Arkansas State Motto: Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Laugh.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.