Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily

Default Advise for Repairing PSU for POS terminal

"Michael Black" wrote in message
"Arfa Daily" ) writes:

The amount of posts that he puts in here asking questions, then I reckon
that if he's not trying to do it commercially, he must have a lot of
buddies
with dud gear ...

I hadn't noticed that he was posting frequently.

But if you look at his original post here, it doesn't indicate anything
but a beginner. It would seem he didn't even measure the voltages out
of the power supply, before jumping to the conclusion that the PS was
faulty.

Michael

But if you look at this group regularly, you will see quite a lot of posts
from him over a considerable time, and in much the same vein so, if he is
ever going to advance beyond beginner, he's gonna need some proper test
equipment to go with his enthusiasm.

I not suggesting that he goes out and spends thousands on a scope, like we
professionals have to, just a $60 christmas present to himself that he can
have fun building and the satisfaction of using, for years to come.

All I'm saying is that electrolytics give so much trouble in all areas of
modern electronic equipment, that an ESR meter is as useful to have around
as a multimeter. Trying to work without one is like trying to remove your
engine's spark plugs with an adjustable wrench ...

Arfa