Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Thermostat that goes down to 32F?

On 22 Nov 2005 11:50:36 -0800, wrote:

If I want to set a thermostat for 40, I'd like some settings below
that, since errors tend to be much worse near the edges of a
thermostats range, and less near the middle.

I know that this garage stays a fair bit warmer than the outside, so

Check this with a thermometer known to be good.

I'm sure it cools off more slowly than does the outside, but after
some length of time, it may feel warmer only because there isn't the
slightest wind, or the humidity is different.

High humidity makes you feel warmer, but won't keep liquids from
freezing.

I'm hoping to control it via thermostat vs timer or other means.
I just filled up that oil tank, and it hurt!

Dave

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.