Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Use of miter saws?

wrote in message
oups.com...
So will the 10" miter saw do the job for most work? I just saw an ad at
Lowe's for Delta 10" miter saw . Is this a great deal also?

http://ads.lowes.com/FSI/Ad.aspx?adv...1&adid=5589820

Great? No. Mediocre? Maybe, depending on your use.

My saw was $300 and the blade is worth more than that saw. It has better
support on the right side for the wood being cut, it is larger 12", for a
wider cut, it is very accurate and holds settings.

If you plan to install some flooring, trim some baseboard, hack some 2 x 4's
to size, it will probably be all you ever need. If you are going to do more
serious work, compound miters for crown molding, you may be disappointed.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/