Posted to alt.home.repair
Louis McEniry

Default Use of miter saws?

As a former amature who is now a novice this is the order I bought my saws
with the general uses:

Hack - everying - from teenager to 30's
skill saw - general use, saw off 2x4s, plywood, etc... took a while to get
good at using it (eg straight lines)
mitre saw - molding and baseboards, 2x4, flooring cut off etc.
reciprocating - demolitions, small low lying tree limbs - vital for demo
work!
table saw - finer cuts, especially ripping decking, flooring, some rough
cabinetry

all reasonably lower end of market... have served me very well.... as I get
better, I see the benefit of higher end saws, but still make do with the
cheaper ones.

If only one saw...really depends on you most like use.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am new to home improvement. Saw a big sale of miter saw at Home
Depot. What are good uses of a miter saw versus other saws? What common
things can you make having to use a miter saw vs . any other saw?
Thanks.