Ned Simmons

Default Sprocket cutting

In article bfcb5f69.0307171701.3dd633d2
@posting.google.com, says...
Thanks for your responses.
As it turns out I found another sprocket and now have to make an eight
teeth sprocket. The maximum rpm for this sprocket will be 7000 rpm.
can this still be done with an eight teeth sprocket or should I
consider gearing down some other way? What about a torque converter?
Is there one for small engines? Can I build one?

Even though (much to my surprise) the Dodge book shows #35
9T sprocket running at 7000RPM in the HP chart, I'd be
looking for another reducer. I'd expect noise and vibration
to be pretty awful, and lubrication is going to be a
problem--enclosed oil bath is recommended at those speeds.

Any chance of using a timing belt, at least for a first
stage?

Ned Simmons