Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
Old_boat

Default Repairing Door.

"Lowell Holmes" wrote in message
news:l3Dgf.2853$F%3.165@trnddc05...
I've repaired a fir entry door. It was drastic surgery, but the repair has
lasted for 6 years and still sound. I replaced the rotten wood with new
fir wood. I'll be glad to post a couple of photos if it will help. IIRC, I
used Gorilla glue on the glue ups.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have Douglas Fir paneled entry (exterior) door that has rot on the
lower center stile. Some wood worm holes on the middle center stile and
what appears to a new bottom rail (10 inches high) made out of a some
sort of yellow pine. The door is curved and getting a replacement is
going to be very hard. So I am left in the position of having to repair
it. I am looking for suggestions on how to stop the rot and wondering
if I can fill the damage with something so i don't have to replace the
center stile. Also what would be a good filler for the woodworm holes.
The door will be repainted when I am done.

This post was cross-posted to alt.home.repair.

Thanks in advance.

Try this link. This is very good stuff to repair rotted wood. He has other
products to fill wood too.

http://www.smithandcompany.org/CPES/index.html

Larry