Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser

Default Getting Straight Edges on long boards - Thanks to all

"George" George@least wrote:

"Doug Houseman" wrote in message
The instructor was ga-ga about that largest plane -
at over 36 inches long and with a blade that is 4 inches wide. Even
sharp we had a hard time pushing down the lumber, but the curls it left
behind were neat. I guess I will have to go back to the gym and get in
shape to plane beams.

Entirely possible that you're supposed top hold the piece, and leave the
plane stationary on something like that.

IIRC, there's some place in Texas that has an eight footer. Takes two men
and a boy to push it.