Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.engr.joining.welding
Pete C.

Default Uses for Old UPSes

RDF wrote:

Thanks for the input! I'll get out the Fluke and download the .PDF and see
what I can find before I burn the place down I was sort of hoping to be
able to replace the stock batteries but they are so insanely expensive,
hacking the box for batteries I have no use for (Still in the plastic wrap
and caps on. got them in a barter) Get this- Mercedes wanted $430.00 to
replace my battery for P/M- Yea right, my car now has a Optima yellow in the
trunk and why a factory (much smaller and lighter too) battery would be junk
after two years blows my mind.

Thanks for the info and help!

Rob Fraser

Fraser Competition Engines
Chicago, IL.

The VP of my department found the same thing with the battery in his
BMW. He decided that the zillion dollar original was BS so I sent him to
my favorite battery distributor for an Optima and helped him retrofit
the hold down.

Pete C.