Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

Default Use of miter saws?

wrote:

I am new to home improvement. Saw a big sale of miter saw at Home
Depot. What are good uses of a miter saw versus other saws? What common
things can you make having to use a miter saw vs . any other saw?
Thanks.

They're very good at miters. :-)

If you're doing molding, flooring, that kind of thing, you don't want
to be without one. They can also be used as a cutoff saw for 2X4s
and such. You won't cut a piece of plywood with one.