Posted to alt.home.repair
JW

Default Dual Thermostat - Upstairs Not Working

We have two thermostats, main floor and upstairs, for two separate zones of a
hot water baseboard heating system. It's starting to get cold and I noticed that
the upstairs thermostat (an old White-Rodgers 1F56-301) isn't turning on the
furnace. (It does work fine with the a/c for the upstairs.) Should the second
floor thermostat work independently of the first floor thermostat (which does
turn on the furnace)? I don't even see where the 2nd floor thermo is wired,
whereas I can trace the 1st floor one directly to the furnace.

Even though my wife would like it fine if the upstairs stayed freezing, it's
getting a mite too cold for my tastes.

What can I check?

Thanks!