Posted to alt.home.repair
HeatMan

Default My home heat boiler making cranking sound

"Mark" wrote in message
oups.com...

HeatMan wrote:
Steam system? Is the noise coming from the boiler or the piping?

wrote in message
oups.com...
It sound like some one hammer my heater pipe, and it start when the
boiler is burnning. it get very loud, "crank crank crak"

Any one know how to fix this? or something is wrong?

it didn't happen all the time when the system is kick in, but most
likely at night. I have always wake up to check what happen, some

time
give it little more water the cranking sound will go away. The
cranking sould is from Heating boiler, and go all the way with pipe to
2nd floor.
sound like return water pipe or something.

Need help, winter is here again and need sleep for the whole family.

Steam system... sounds like "water hammer"

look that up

if it is a single pipe system the pipe needs more pitch or you need a
return pipe also...

Not quite.

the return moving condensate and the forward moving steam are colliding
in the pipe..

But the steam is only slightly warmer than the condensate...

Think about it....