Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark

Default Folding shower screen or curtain and pole?

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:52:03 -0000, "Uno Hoo!"
wrote:

"Mark" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 11:40:24 -0000, "Uno Hoo!"
wrote:

Folding screens have a downside as well. We get leaks under the
screen and water pours onto the floor. I put this down to the fact
that the base of the screen is straight and the bath is slightely
curved.

You need to position the screen carefully and make sure that the inner
side
of the screen overhangs the inside of the bath - so that water runs
straight
off the screens and into the bath - rather than down the screens and under
and over the outside edge of the bath! My four-fold screen is never
straight
when it's in use. The first screen out from the wall is angled in to meet
the inside edge of the bath.

I think mine has a different construction from yours. It has a
straight bar which hinges down to lay on the bath edge. Then you open
out the screen which fits into the top edge of the bar.

The bar has a L section at the top and a rubber seal on the bottom.
Therefore the screen has to run straight along the bath.

Mark.