Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Leo Van Der Loo

Default Jet Mini belt adjustment door??

Hi Tom

Squire you said ?? I said ??? oooohhh jep

Tom square is the word, like with 4 corners you know, the same as
rectangle, just a bit shorter on the long side, G.

Squire on the other hand is a high class farmer, he wouldn't hold your
tailstock I think.

Yes I know I'm almost perfect, well I'm trying, don't hold your breath
though.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Tom Storey wrote:
What's a 'Squire' spacer Leo? I just Googled the term and came up zilch. I
could use one for the same reason.

Tom

"Leo Van Der Loo" wrote in message
.. .

Hi Meshel

Yes I have heard that some people have had that problem with the Jet, the
easy fix apparently is to make a heavier rectangle or squire spacer to
replace the washer that is under the tailstock and the tailstock will not
budge after you make that upgrade again.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

wrote:

I actually get along pretty well with that door, not too much of an
issue (not an easy thing, but manageable)

What I have a problem with is the Tail stock of the Jet. When I try to
tighten the live center into the work, the minute some pressure starts,
the tail stock starts moving away - no matter how much I tighten the
lever that holds it to place...

Moshe