Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Ornamental Turning Equipment

On 23 Nov 2005 06:11:52 -0800, "
wrote:
For more info on ornamental turning equipment go to:

http://www.legacywoodworking.com/
and for advice and ideas go to:
http://groups.google.com/group/Legacy-Ornamental-Mills

Hi,

I am a begineer in turning, just turned a small number of things untill
now.

Although I'm not at the level yet (and budget is limited) I have grown
to be interested in ornamental turning (books, pictures). But I can't
seem to find any modern equipment that supports this.

I even found a few sell ads for ancient equipment (Holtzapffel and
Lukin lathes) but I'm not interested in restoring or working by foot,
just in the advantages of using things like crowns (or cams) on my
turnings - which require a special headstock.

Can anyone recommend such equipment, or do I have to build my own (not
likely) from the designs in Holtzapffel's books.

Thanks!