frank

Default Cutting pullies on a rotary table on a mill

The key problem is the large pulley cannot be cut on the lathe. It will not
fit.

The only other power tool I have to do the work is a mill/rotary table, and
since
I have to set that up to do the work on one pulley, it seems like a good
idea to
just cut all 4.

But in practice I would probably cut one pulley on the lathe while the
mill/rotary table
chewed away at one pulley.

My Atlas has a 1/2 hp motor and the Bridgeport has a 1 hp motor. Blowing
through
6061 T6 with not-that-high precision seems to be a function of motor hp and
little
else. The mill wil be quicker.

"Ron Thompson" wrote in message
. ..
Sounds like you did it about like I would, but I suspect the time was due

your small machine. It would go a lot faster on his atlas.
If I had the lathe I wouldn't even consider doing it on a mill.
http://www.plansandprojects.com/pulleys.htm