Chris Learmouth Chris Learmouth is offline
Junior Member

Question Wiring up an external security lamp

I have purchased an external security lamp (with PIR sensor) from FOCUS. I have two questions:
1. Can I wire it up from one of the round junction boxes found under my upstairs floorboards? I have checked that the junction box is for lights only.
2. What wiring should I use? I have some 2 core, 23amp cabling but I'm not sure I should use it. It has written on it "BASEC TO BS6004 6242YH 2x2.5+1.5 SQMM ALTIN 2005 4".
As always, any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Chris